Thursday, August 18, 2011

Life Imitating Art

Sometimes life imitates art -or- vice versa. 

I saw a video on the internet.  It was about a statue of Marilyn Monroe in Chicago based on that famous scene in the movie The Seven Year Itch.  That brought back some memories.  Now I had not seen the movie - it was made before a similar event happened to me as a boy.  Seeing this video brought back the memories.

I was in elementary school at the time - third grade I think.  As we did at the time, we were outside for recess and it was time to go to the water fountain to get a drink.  Ahead of me was one of the girls in my class who I had a little interest in.  I think she may have been a blond too!!!  She was getting a drink from the faucet when along came a breeze and blew up her dress for a moment.  Yes ... that was an experience for me.  It is not like I really saw anything since she had shorts under her dress but it was definitely something I remember. 

Come to think of it, I never knew about the movie The Seven Year Itch until much later when another movie came out that played on that same scene - The Woman In Red.

Ahhh MEMORIES.  That is one of the things I enjoy when I read.  You never know until you read something and it brings back memories.  Do you have memories come back when you read?

No comments: