Monday, November 24, 2008

It's All About Reading!!!


Libraries are community treasure chests, loaded with a wealth of information available to everyone equally, and the key to that treasure chest is the library card. I have found the most valuable thing in my wallet is my library card. ~ First Lady Laura Bush

In case you can not tell, one of my favorite things to do is to read. Knowing this, you probably would not be surprised to know that some of my favorite places are the public library, Barnes and Noble, Half Price Books, and the Book Cottage. Of course these places are just means to an end because the books (and your imagination) are really what take you places.

As you may know, I have a particular fondness for mysteries. I remember reading mysteries as a kid like the Hardy Boys, Nancy Drew, and Sherlock Holmes. But there is so much other stuff I read as well. I enjoyed reading Mark Twain, Will Rogers, and J. Frank Dobie. I liked reading about people like Helen Keller, Abe Lincoln, Davey Crockett, and Daniel Boone.

I started this blog (Mystery Reader Discussion) because I liked to read. I became a member of the Friends of Sachse Library. I joined a mystery discussion group at Barnes and Noble. Let’s face it – it’s all about reading!!!

No comments: