Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Bones To Ashes

Bones To Ashes is written by Kathy Reichs. The sleuth in ths series (this is the tenth) is Temperance Brennan. She is a forensics person. I wonder - is she going to be like Dr Quincy? (Does this date me?) I was looking forward to reading this book for our Mystery Book Discussion Group. I heard from others about the series and had only heard good things.

Well..., it was hard to get into this book - for me. Maybe it was because I did not start from the first book in the series. There was not a lot of character development. The book started slow for me and the connection of the start of the book was not hard to connect with the rest of the book. Yes there was a connection - it was just hard for me to put it together.

A childhood memory, a lost childhood friend suspected of being murdered, possible connections in several murders. These were some of the elements in this mystery.

Do not let me influence whether or not you read this book. It may be somthing you enjoy.

1 comment:

Meadowview Thymes said...

I haven't read this book, but I agree with you about reading a middle book in a series. I need the main charater development to understand and enjoy the plot--so I really like to start with the first book.